Posted on February 28th, 2014 | by Leslie0
For those of you who may not know (how could you not know?!) FAWM stands for “February Album Writing Month” and it’s a songwriting challenge thousands of people participate in annually to write 14 new songs in the 28 days of what is for many the dreariest month of the year. (Personally, I’ve never had a problem with February, but FAWM does make it better!)
This year I wrote/co-wrote 15 songs, which included:
– 5 new Wanderlings, based on stories from Germany, Spain, Canada, UK, and Russia
– a bonafide love song (will wonders never cease!)
– 2 songs on the harp, and my first ever on the guitar
– a piano instrumental
– my first trilogy (13 minutes in all!) based on “Vasilisa The Beautiful”
– 5 collaborations with musical friends in the US and Europe, spanning 80s synth-pop, 90s shoe-gaze alt-rock, fantasy rap, country-rock filk, and sultry metal
– (not to mention the songs on the OTHER account under Copy Red Leader’s name, but I’ll get to that in the next post)
Now if that’s not variety, I don’t know what qualifies. Visit my FAWM page and take a listen for yourself!
I’ve never made a word cloud before, but here are my top 2000 most-frequently-used words-in-lyrics this month. It’s been stellar. Do I ever have some memorizing to do..